Starting an online boutique has never been easier than it is now. There are many legal loops you will need to go through to order wholesale products from vendors. See the cost of you state's seller's permit (if a cost) here.
If you haven't got your permit yet but are ready to start selling, there are tons of websites dedicated to bringing wholesale pricing - similar to those on websites.
This is great if you also have limited capital or do not want to purchase your clothing in bulk sets of 5/6. In addition, many of these websites have trendier and unique boutique clothing, accessories, shoes and more that you aren't able to find at traditional wholesale companies. They are definitely worth taking a look.
You do not need a tax id, seller’s permit, wholesale license or anything similar to order from AliExpress. Our AliExpress vendor list contains the top-rated vendors for clothes, hair, lashes, shoes, jewelry, accessories and more - Grab the list here and get 40% off.
There are pros and cons buying clothing for your store this route, with the pros outweighing the cons. Tbh, you could stock your entire store this way without ever having to use a wholesale vendor website.
- You do not have to purchase a min quantity
- Does not require a seller's permit (sales tax permit, wholesale license) to purchase
- Often will find trendier items
- Able to see all clothing on a model or how-to dress it
- Often has more details on the item that you can include in your product descriptions
- Affordable to buy blank apparel in bulk and start a brand
- May run out of stock without notice and not required to restock for you
- Clothing tags may or may not have brand on sewn-in tag (does not matter at all to some customers)
- Shipping may take up to 2 weeks to arrive
Below are my favorite wholesale-like companies that do not require seller's permits. In some cases, you may need a tax id, which is free to obtain. Get your tax id here
- AliExpress Vendor List
- Get 9 Free Top Vendors from Aliexpress
- Parisian Wholesale
- Apparel Candy
- Lovely Wholesale
- Belle Wholesale
- TB Dress
- Lingerie Mart
- Apparel in Bags - blank apparel
- Wholesale 7
- Emma Cloth
- Boulevard Apparel
- Stylish Wholesale
- Bloom Wholesale
- City Goddess UK (formalwear)
- Trade Gala
- Tasha Apparel
Tags: buy wholesale without a license, wholesale clothing without a permit, wholesale no tax Id, wholesale clothing, wholesale vendors no license needed, wholesale without license, wholesale boutique clothing